What is a Google Review Link?
A Google review link is a direct link that you share with customers to link them to your Google My Business account. This link uses your unique Google Place ID to associate a customer review with your business or organization.
How to Create a Direct Link to Google Reviews Using the Google Place ID Tool
What’s a Google Place ID? It’s a unique code for identifying your business in Google Maps. In Google’s mind, this is where your business lives on the web. Your Google Place ID is also tied directly to your Google My Business account.
Option 1: Find Your Google Place ID and Create a Review Link:
- You can find the Google Place ID tool on the Google Maps Developer Page.
- Type your business name in the “Enter a location” field to find your business’s Google Place ID.
- Then, click on the correct match from the drop-down list.
- Next, you’ll see a 25 character string of numbers and characters under your company name. This is your Google Place ID.
- Now that you have your Place ID, copy and paste it at end of this link: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=
- Once you insert your Place ID in the URL, it should look similar to this, but contain your own Place ID: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJiaAayYBAmYARZvM1YKGhVsc
- Finally, to make the link shorter and more visually appealing, use a link shortener. Short URL services like bit.ly will make you a short link that’s perfect for texting to your customers.
Option 2: Google Search
In this method, all you need to do for your Google review link is a quick Google search for your business. When your business’s Google My Business listing pops up, hit the “Write a review” button.
Copy the long URL from the address bar at the top of your screen when the review window pops up.
To help make the link shorter and more visually appealing, use a link shortener. A program like bit.ly can give you a simplified link perfect for text messaging.
Option 3: Google My Business Account
- Log into your Google My Business account
- While you are on the “Home” page, scroll down and you will see a “Get More Reviews” section.
- Copy the provided link and start sharing it with your customers. The link will automatically redirect to your location on Google Maps and will pop up the reviews box.
6 Best Practices When Asking for Customer Reviews
Having a Google review link will help you get more reviews. But thinking of your customer first helps even more.
Putting your customers first proves that they matter to you.
So remember these best practices when asking customers for a Google review:
- Don’t just ask for a Google review, encourage your customers to give honest and specific feedback.
- Explain to customers that their reviews help you improve your service, products, and customer experiences.
- Determine the right timing of the invitation.
- Ask customers to leave a review once you know you’ve provided them with value.
- Make submitting a review easy - the harder it is for customers to leave reviews, the less likely they will leave one.
- Personalize your message as much as possible. The more personalized and thoughtful your message is, the more likely your customer will leave a review.